Warrant officers of the Dawson County Sheriff’s Department are responsible for the service of arrest warrants issued by the courts. Warrants are executed regardless of the location of the originating court jurisdiction provided the issuing agency will extradite the subject to be arrested. Responsibilities of the Warrant Unit include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Arranging transportation for extraditions
- Assisting with the maintenance of the most wanted postings
- Obtaining waivers for extradition
- Placing and lifting of detainers on incarcerated suspects
- Receiving, maintaining, and service of arrest warrants
- Serving/ enforcing juvenile pick-up orders
To view our most wanted subjects, please visit our “Most Wanted” page.